Mangalore: Daijiworld weekly, the English weekly published from Karnataka, had identified and felicitated seven differently-abled achievers by presenting ‘Swabhiman Award’ to mark their second anniversary in June 2011.
In this year too, daijiworld weekly, as a part of its 5th anniversary wishes to present awards and invites nominations from differently-abled people who have, in spite of their physical disability achieved something big, remarkable thereby making their people and the society proud of their achievement.
The persons of Indian origin hailing from Coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi, either residing in their home town or settled elsewhere in the world are eligible to send their nominations. They may belong to any age group, caste or community or language.
The persons themselves or their well wishers may send the nomination by furnishing minimum documentary evidence in support of their candidature. The documents should as a minimum support their personal identity, place of origin, the type disability in addition to any evidence of the achievement of the candidate. Please refer to the requirements specified below.
The Jury, eminent personalities from different professions, shall verify the facts before finalizing the awards. The last date to receive nominations will be April 15, 2014.
Few basic requirements, before applying for award :
1. The nominees must submit evidence that he/is is having a physical disability.
2. Should be an Indian citizen hailing from Coastal Districts of Dakshina Kannada or Udupi, may belong to any age group, caste, community or language.
3. Should have shown extraordinary zeal in a unique achievement in spite of disability. Supporting documents are desired.
4. Nominations may be by self or represented by well wishers.
5. Nomination may be sent through post/email/courier (see details below)
6. The awards will be presented during Daijiworld weekly 5th anniversary celebrations in Mangalore, June, 2011.
Email – email@example.com / Telephone contact for any further information: 0824 425 8372 or 0824 425 937.