Kundapur: Fire in a house; an estimated Rs 2 lac loss, damage to part of the house

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Kundapur; Feb 18: An incident of accidental fire in the house was reported on Feb 18, Tuesday night near Hemmady. It was said that in one of the houses, as a result of the fire woods in the kitchen room, which caught fire accidentally, spread to whole house, damaging the entire daily consumable items in the kitchen room and adjacent room, cash and clothes.




According to the sources, this was the house where couple Vasanthi and Amit was living along with their daughter Divya.Vasanthi was doing fish selling profession and Divya was working in one of the shops in Kundapur.In the absence of both mother and father at home, Divya who just came from work, went to the kitchen and lighted the hearth to cook and kept the kerosene oil lamp there and went outside. At that time fire woods, which was lying in the kitchen room accidentally caught fire. As there was a kerosene stove inside the kitchen, nobody bothered to enter inside the house as fire has already spread, fearing stove might burst.Kundapur Fire brigade personnel were summoned and they immediately arrived to the spot and could succeed in extinguish  the fire completely.




In the fire mishap, clothes, 6gm gold, some silver ornaments, vessels, rice and other materials have been gutted and wall of the house collapsed and over roof completely destroyed, resulting an estimated loss of Rs 2 lacs,it said.




Kundapur circle inspector Divakara P.M and employees visited the spot.


Weeping by home people:

The family whose house was destroyed due to fire and were leading their life with so much of poverty have now become helpless and destitute.Vasanthi’s family, who lost their house, is weeping with agony.

Write A Comment