Mangaluru, May 27: Fire broke out at Kavitha Residency situated at Urwa Stores here on the night of Tuesday May 26th. The fire has caused an estimated loss of Rs 3 lakhs.
The exhaust air duct situated in the kitchen caught fire. Immediately after the flames were seen, workers as well as guests were evacuated and fire department was informed.
The workers tried to douse the fire themselves.
Two fire extinguishers from Kadri fire service arrived at the venue and extinguished the fire. No injuries or casualties were reported.
The exhaust air duct in the kitchen was not cleaned and oil stains had covered the duct. When the temperature increased in the kitchen, the duct caught fire and thick smoke began to emanate out, said the fire officials.
Urwa cops arrived at the spot and investigated.