Mangaluru, May 12: The medical report on the sexual assault of an LKG student by a school van driver should be revealed to the victim’s parents demanded United Muslim Organization, Dakshina Kannada on Monday May 11th.
This incident had taken place on March 13th, 2015. The driver of a van belonging to Mangalore One school, where the three-and-a-half-year-old child was studying, had allegedly sexually assaulted her while dropping her home. Following this, the driver identified as Madhukar, was arrested.
Addressing a press meet at Hotel Woodlands here on Monday, May 11th, former mayor and convener of United Muslim Organization K Ashraf said, in this case the district administration is taking uncertain stand. Justice is being deprived to child’s parents. Hence the details of the medical report should be revealed to them by the district administration.
The district administration had formed a committee to investigate the case after several protests and submission of memorandum to the government, but the report submitted by the committee is incomplete and statement of the victim’s mother has been twisted, he alleged and said the report contains many inconsistencies.
Also, our organization had formed a fact-finding committee, the report of which has also been submitted to the district administration. But there exists a lot of contradictions between the reports submitted by the administration-appointed committee and our fact-finding committee, said Ashraf.
We have also submitted the reports of the fact-finding committee the government. Through a memorandum, we have urged the local MLAs, ministers U T Khadar and Ramanath Rai, MP Nalin Kumar Kateel and MLC Ivan D’Souza to ensure that the medical report is provided to the victim’s parents within ten days, he said.
He warned that if the medical report is not given to the child’s parents within ten days, a strong protest will be held in front of the DC’s office and also at the school premises. We will also hold massive protests involving students throughout the state, he said.
Ashraf further said, the fact-finding committee of the United Muslim Organization has made the following observations and recommendations:
- The medical report by Lady Goschen hospital should be handed over to the child’s parents. ‘It is their right’.
- Mangalore One School has failed in its responsibility. The school management is misleading the people with various definitions of the case.
- The investigation into the case should be stepped up and memorandum in this regard has been submitted to the ministers and the local MLAs and other elected leaders. The investigation report should be made available to the parents.
- The committee set up by the district administration has stated in its report that it has found several discrepancies and shortcomings in the functioning of Mangalore One School. Hence, the school’s activities should be suspended till the sexual assault case is decided upon by the court.
- Though the accused has been arrested, it is the school’s irresponsibility that was the main reason for the incident. The district administration, the police and the government should probe the school’s role.
Advocate Mohammed Haneef U, chairman of DK district JDS fishery wing S Ismail Shafi Babbukatte, Beary Parishad vice president Hameed Kudroli, Rafiuddin Kudroli of UNIVEF, PFI district president Haneef, president of Samna Group Shamshuddin Kudroli, president of Jamaath Islami Hind Womens wing Sajida Mumin and many others were present.