Mangalore,Feb.03 : Mangalore University signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Wang Wong Digital University of the Republic of South Korea on the occasion of the inaugural function of the 3 days International Conference on Yoga Therapy for Stress Disorders at the Mangalore University, Mangala Auditorium. Prof. Byrappa K., Vice Chancellor and Prof. Jong Soon Seo, Provost of WDU, South Korea signed the MOU on behalf of their respective Universities. The objectives of MOU are
- Framing Courses of study in yoga and meditation in yogic Science and yoga therapy.
- Organizing training programmes for the same.
- Deputation of Experts from Mangalore University to the South Korean Digital University.
- Mutual exchange of information among the two Universities.
Dr. K. Krishna Sharma, Chairman Department of Human Consciousness & Yogic Sciences, explained the objectives of the 3 days Conference. They are
- Improving the power of concentration.
- Relieves stress and helps relaxation and rejuvenation of every cell in the body.
- Helps the individual to discriminate between essential and non essential things in life.
Prof. M.I. Savadatti, former Vice Chancellor of Mangalore University and member of UGC, in his inaugural address said that yoga is not a science, but a super science, as it goes beyond every science which has stood the test of time.
- Yoga helps a person not only to overcome stress but also all miseries of life.
- He hoped that Mangalore University would produce true yogic science.
Prof. Siddapaa K., former Vice Chancellor of Bangalore University said that yoga is the most important treasure of the traditional wisdom given by India to the world. If yoga is learnt through a qualified guru, he can live happily, harmoniously and lead a life of fulfilment.
Prof. K. Byrappa, Vice Chancellor of Mangalore University said that stress is part and parcel of modern life in every home. Recalling his experiences in china and Soviet Union, he said that he could overcome the stress and strain in those countries during his stay there through yoga. At present, he is able to manage his day to day task of administration of the University effectively because of his practice of yoga.
Prof. Yadapadithaya, the Registrar, Mangalore University welcomed the gathering and Dr. Sharvari proposed a vote of thanks.
Prof. K Siddappa Prof: K Byrappa V.C Mangalore University, Prof P.S .Yedapadithaya ,Dr.K Krishna Sharma, Prof;Jong Soon Seo Provost of WDU,S. Korea , were present.
Prof.M.I.Savadathi released the Souvenir in the occasion of Inaugural function of the three day International Conference on Yoga therapy for stress disorder organized by Dept of Human Consciousness and Yogic Sciences in Mangalore University.
Prof K Siddappa Prof: K Byrappa V.C Mangalore University, Prof P.S .Yedapadithaya ,Dr.K Krishna Sharma, Prof;Jong Soon Seo Provost of WDU, South Korea, were present.