Experts answer FAQ on career

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

 kasurba medical college

Resource persons at The Hindu Education Plus career counselling 2013 at Ramakrishna College here on Sunday told students that no course is inferior and students can excel in the career of their choice provided they worked hard with conviction.

The resource persons were K. V. Gangadharan, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology – Karnataka (NIT-K), Surathkal; K. Mohan Pai, former Professor of Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore; Norbert Lobo, Associate Professor of Economics, St. Aloysius College; Iqlas Ahmed, Associate Professor of Aquaculture, College of Fisheries; and K. Veerabhadrappa, a nodal officer of Karnataka Examinations Authority. They answered questions both from parents and students.

What is medical imaging technology and its scope?

Mr. Pai: It is taking images of human body using radiology for clinical purposes like scanning. After completing MBBS, a doctor can pursue post-graduation in medical imaging technology. Job opportunities are open in hospitals, diagnostic centres and in medical colleges.

How to study advertising?

Mr. Lobo: After studying advertising as part of journalism course in under-graduation one can take up advertising as specialisation in post-graduation in journalism. Some private universities also offer this specialisation. One can join advertising agencies later.

What is supernumerary quota?

Mr. Veerabhadrappa: Any student whose parental annual income is Rs. 4.5 lakh can seek admission under this category, irrespective whether the student belongs to the general category or any other category.

Can CET passed students seek admission in NIT-K?

Mr. Gangadharan: No. Only Joint Entrance Examination (Main) passed students can seek admission to National Institutes of Technology, including NIT-K, in the country this year.

What is the scope for graduates/post-graduates in history?

Mr. Lobo: They can work as teachers, tourist guides. Employment opportunities are open in Department of Archaeology and in museums.

Whether an old study certificate can be produced during verification round?

Mr. Veerabhadrappa: Yes. The study certificate obtained sometime ago can be produced. It need not be the fresh one.

Write A Comment