Bantwal, July 10: An incident of accidental death of a young youth reported from Farangipete, in Bantwal taluk on July 10, Wednesday morning. Sources said that a live wire, which was loosely hanging for long due to the negligence of MESCOM, claims the life of youth.
The deceased has been identified as Milan Shetty, aged 19, son of Vasanti, a member of Pudu gram panchayat and Ramesh Shetty, who works in Mumbai. It was said that Milan had taken a cow of the family to tie with rope near his house, when the tragedy took place.
Sources said that Milan, who had recently completed his BE and was in the process of hunting jobs and applied with various companies for job. Sources also said that Milan got a call from a prestigious Bangalore- based company recently for an interview.
The locals who gathered at the accident spot expressed deep anguish and anger at Mescom, alleging that it’s apathy was responsible for this catastrophe. They said that Mescom had been informed about the danger posed by this cable sufficiently in advance, but that it did nothing to address the issue.
The incident occurred at about 6.15 am, but the junior engineer of Mescom arrived at the spot at 8 am, although his office was promptly informed about the incident. Angry villagers were preparing to manhandle the junior engineer, but the police at the spot intervened and stopped any untoward incident.
At the same spot, a cow had died due to electrocution a few months back.
Ummer Farook, former zilla panchayat member, Krishna Kumar Poonja of Farangipet Sevanjali foundation and many others visited the incident spot.
Rural police arrived to the spot of incident and registered a case in this regard.
Further investigation is in progress.
Photo by : Driti