BANGALORE: RaghavendraAuradkar, who took over from BG JyothiprakashMirji as city police commissioner for a short while, is back in office with the government effecting major changes in the police set-up late Saturday evening. Auradkar was city police commissioner during the May assembly elections on the orders of the Election Commission.
Mirji is now additional director general of police (ADGP) and principal secretary to the home department in place of Auradkar.
Joint Commissioner of Police (crime-west) Pronab Mohanty is now additional commissioner of police (crime). Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Bijay Kumar Singh, who was with KSRTC as its director of security & vigilance, has been posted as Joint Commissioner of Police (law & order-east) in the newly crated post.
DIG S Ravi, who was with the prisons department, has been posted as Joint Commissioner of Police (law & order- west) in the newly created post.
Additional commissioner of police (traffic and security) M A Saleem is posted as Commissioner of Police, Mysore city, while the present Mysore city police commissioner KL Sudheer has been posted as Additional director (fire services) in Bangalore.
IGP B Dayananda, currently IGP (economic offences in the CID) is posted as additional commissioner of police (traffic and security).
Some other major changes
* Ashit Mohan Prasad is ADGP (Intelligence)
* Gopal B Hosur is IGP (Home Guards and Civil Defence)
* Bipin Gopalakrishna is CID head as Director General of Police
* MN Reddy is ADGP (law and order)
* Alok Mohan is ADGP (administration) with additional charge of Internal Security Division
* NS Megharikh is ADGP (crime and technical services)
* Sanjay Sahay is IGP (Internal Security Division)
* S Parashivamurthy is IGP (eastern division in Davanagere)
* N Shivakumar is IGP (planning and modernisation, Davanagere)
* Syed Ulfath Hussein is IGP (administration)