Many organizations have declared their whole hearted support to the protest and dharna on the 18 th August 2024 demanding justice to the Mangalore International Airport Users.
Organizations supporting and participating in the protest
Karnataka NRI Forum, Abu Dhabi Karnataka Sangha, Sharjah Karnataka Sangha, Dubai Karnataka Sangha, Al-Ain Karnataka Sangha, Al Burumi Kannada Sangha, Tulu, Konkani, Byari, Kodava language Sanghas and organizations, Caste and Community organizations from United Arab Emirates, Karnataka Sangha Bahrain, Karnataka Sangha Muscat, Karnataka Sangha Kuwait from the other Gulf countries, KESEF, many business men, well-wishers and noted personalities have declared their whole hearted support to the protest and assured their participation.
· Budget Airlines flights to Mangalore from G.C.C. countries.
· Cancellation of Airport User’s fee in Mangalore.
· A Memorial for the Bajpe Air Accident Victims with their details and immediate distribution of the compensation to the immediate kin.
· Increase in luggage limit and proper handling of luggage.
· Cordial treatment from the air and ground staff of Air India Express.
· Reconstitute the Non Resident Kanndiga welfare Authority for the benefit of Kannadiga’s.
· Full-fledged passport office in Mangalore
· NRI and dependents grievance cell office in Mangalore.
With the above demands a protest and dharna is organized along with the submission of a representation to the D.C. in Mangalore and all Mangalore International Airport Users are requested to participate.
Paying Homage to the Air Crash victims at the Air Crash site.
In the first stage of the dharna al the participants are to assemble at the Pumpwell Circle by 9 AM in their cars and drive to the air crash site and light 159 candles in memory of the deceased.
Memorandum submission to the Airport Director
Mangalore International Airport Users Forum will submit a memorandum with the charter of demands to the Mangalore Airport Director.
March to the D.C. Office.
All the members participating in the protest will assemble at Jyothi Circle by 11 AM and will march to D.C. Office and sit on dharna. There after the select representatives of the Mangalore International Airport Users Forum will meet the D.C. and submit a memorandum with the charter of demands.
To impress up on the Governments of our pressing demands we request all the Mangalore International Airport Users join hands with the Mangalore International Airport Users Forum for realizing our just demands.
For more details please contact.