Mangalore, June 10: Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund set up by World Konkani Centre, Mangalore, Invites applications for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships-2014 from Konkani Speaking students belonging to any caste and religion, seeking professional education in the stream of Engineering and MBBS.
Eligibility Criteria will be as follows.
1. Only candidates with Konkani as mother tongue can apply for this scholarship regardless of cast and religion. Mother tongue certificate need to be provided while applying.
2. Only Candidates who are seeking admission to the FIRST year of the Engineering or MBBS course in 2014 can apply.
3. Only Candidates who scored above 70% in SSLC and in the core subjects in PUC and also secured a Ranking of 20,000 and below in the Common Entrance Test (CET) can apply.
4. Only Candidates whose total Family Income is less than Rs. 4.50 Lakhs per annum can apply. The references from Family Doctor and a Chartered Accountant should be provided in this regard while applying.
5. Student should be willing to sponsor 2 students after completion of studies and after securing employment and should contribute 20 days in the year 2014-15 to the community service.
Most deserving candidates will be selected on the basis of verifications by independent panelists and each of the selected candidates will be awarded scholarships amounting Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000 for the Engineering and MBBS aspirants respectively.
Candidates fulfilling above criteria can apply Online for the Scholarships 2014 through an online application module set up by world Konkani Centre on website: www.vishwakonkani.org. Application module will be opened for applying from 10th June 2014. Application Module will be active only till the last date for application 10th July, 2014. Applications received in hardcopy will not be processed for the Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships 2014. Candidates can login to the website for more instructions on preparation for the application process and terms and conditions of the Scholarship Scheme.
The information is given by Ramdas Kamath U, President of Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund.