Mangalore, April 8: AAM AADMI Party Dakshina Kannada presented its National Manifesto along with its localized manifesto, specific to Dakshina Kannada at the Mangalore Press Club on Tuesday April 8th 2014.
The National AAP Manifesto forms the basis of AAP Dakshina Kannada’s overall set of objectives which includes a number of issues that have been identified by citizens of Dakshina Kannada.
From the entire list of initiatives and programs, emphasis will be given to issues based on citizen’s inputs received by AAP Dakshina Kannada that have been elaborated in the DK manifesto. Some of the highlights listed below:
- Make Dakshina Kannada the most prominent trade and investment hub after Bengaluru with emphasis on development of Road-Rail-Air-Sea infrastructure to facilitate the efficient movement of cargo.
- Improvements targeted towards Agriculture, Agro-based industries, Fisheries, R&D, exports etc.
- Setting up of an HRD cell at District Level to increase employability and Skill Development.
- Advocate and push for a Zonal Division of the Indian Railways in Dakshina Kannada which will ensure decisions concerning Dakshina Kannada will be taken in Dakshina Kannada. We will push for double tracking of railway lines to the North (Uttara Kannada, South (Kerala) and East (Bengaluru).
- Shelve the Niddodi and Yethinahole/Nethravathi projects. We do not want to see the mistake made at the Nagarjuna Plant repeated at Niddodi. Create a Water Body that will study and recommend water issues and oversee the implementation of their recommendation.