Over 50 students of Belthangady matric hostels hospitalized due to food poisoning.

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Belthangady: Pre and Post Matric girl’s hostel students have been hospitalised after they fell ill due to food poisoning. It is learnt that 35 girls were hospitalised on March 9 and 20 more girl students had to be hospitalised on March 10, Monday.

The students’ health conditions were enquired by Deputy Commissioner A.B. Ibrahim, Belthangadi MLA Vasanth Bangera and others who visited the hospital.

At the request of district administration, special arrangements were made regarding bed, additional medical officers and nurses from Naravi, Ujire, Mundaje were deputed. The children are also being treated by doctors from Wenlock Hospital and KMC Hospital.


Detailed Investigation

The Dalit Rights Action committee of Belthangady have demanded a detailed investigation into the incident. The samples of the food served to the students have been sent for lab tests.

Later the Samithi said, there is a need to hold meetings with parents of children to discuss the problems at the hostel.

Write A Comment