Bantwal, Dec 30: In a tragic incident, two people had a narrow escape, when their Maruti 800 car caught fire near BA College, Thumbay on December 29,Sunday.
The incident took place, when car belonged to Shameer, a resident of Kunjakal was on his way from Farangipete to BC Road along with his friend Shareef.
By the time the duo reached Thumbay, they got the burning smell in the car and hence they stopped the car and immediately got out. As they opened the bonnet to check the smoke emitting from it, they saw the sparks of fire caused due to leakage in fuel.
The car was completely gutted in the fire, leaving the duo unhurt.
The Bantwal police and fire service personnel’s arrived at the spot and managed to douse the flames.