Udupi; Nov 19: The centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) organized a protest in front of DC office demanding Rs 200 for every 1000 beedis and other demands on Nov 19, Tuesday.
Main Demands of the protestors:-
1. Throughout the state a minimum wages of Rs 200 per 1000 beedis must be given. For every index of consumer increased index 5 paise dearness allowance should be paid.
2. For all the Beedi workers Bhavishya Nidhi (Fund) to be introduced.
3. Scholarship to the children of Beedi workers till 8th standard to be given. Any attempts by the government for the refusal of scholarship to be dropped immediately.
4. Aadhar card should not be the impediments for scholarship and other welfare facilties for the children of Beedi workers.
5. For the retired Beedi workers from the Bhavishya Nidhi monthly minimum Rs 100 and from Beedi workers welfare Fund monthly Rs 2000 pension should be given
6. Bring all Beedi workers under BPL category
7. Stop contract and sub-contract system
8. Provide 6 days of guaranteed job for Beedi workers in a week
9. Bring an end to anti-Beedi workers system, in purchase and sale activities
10. Collect welfare fund money on all the manufactured Beedis
11. Provide 35 kg rice @ Rs 2 per kg
12. Provide quality Beedi leaves