Udupi; sept 03:In a tragic incident of electric shock, which claimed the life of a student and injuring two, who are in critical condition has been reported at Shringeri Holekoppa on Sept 03,Tuesday.With effective from today (03.09.2013) two days rural sports events has been arranged at Holekoppa government high school.
The incident happened, when they were preparing flagpole for the occasion. When three students were carrying flagpole to install, Karthik Nallur, aged 16, got in touch with high tension live cable and breathed his last and Ranjan Horanadu, aged 16 and Anil Holekoppa, aged 16 sustained severe injuries and both of them have been admitted to KMC hospital. Their condition is said to be serious.
Keshava Murthy, principal of the high school got heart attack when he saw the incident directly personally at 8.30 am on September 03, Tuesday and was admitted to KMC hospital at 10.00am.
Abhayachandra Jain, minister for youth welfare and sports affairs, who visited the place of incident has assured that all the expenses incurred for the treatment will be borne by the government and promised that arrangement will be done to replace such dangerous cables in all the school zones and people of the state have pained due to this incident, he said.