Your child’s favourite night time companion could be a potential health risk if researchers are to be believed, reports the Daily Mail.
A recent study reveals that nearly 80 per cent of soft toys harbour bacteria that can actually trigger a bout of food poisoning.
Researchers at Dettol have found that 90 per cent of children regularly drop their cuddly toys on the floor, which can lead to contact with dirt and germs. They even go on to say that three out of four teddy bears do not get washed after a child fall sick, and one in five have not been washed even once.
After carrying out a swab test on a variety of children’s teddies, microbiologists discovered that more than 80 per cent were contaminated with staphylococcus spp, a pathogen that causes food poisoning.