Chance of contesting in elections missed due to negligence of officials- alleged in DK District monthly SC/ST meet.

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mangaluru, June 8: The problems faced by the Dalits in the jurisdiction of Dakshina Kannada district will be addressed by listening to their grievances over the phone in the monthly meet, said the DK district Superintendent of Police Dr S D Sharanappa.

He was presiding over the meeting held with the daliths at the DK district police Commissioner’s office here on Sunday, June 7th.

Sc_st_meet_2 Sc_st_meet_4 Sc_st_meet_3

Narayana Punchame, a leader said, it is difficult for the people from far off places to attend this meeting. Hence he urged that the system of listening the grievances through phonic conversations which was employed in the past be restarted again.

Responding to this SP Dr S D Sharanappa said, this method may be beneficial in circumstances when the people from far-off places are unable to attend the meeting.

Video recording mandatory:

Mukesh, a leader who spoke on this occasion demanded for the installation of CCTV cameras to record the meeting proceedings. In response SP assured that, from the next meeting onwards, video recording will be done.

Negligence of officials:

Ananta Mundaje alleged that due to the negligence of officials, his wife missed the chance of contesting in the Gram Panchayat elections held recently.

‘My wife was an aspirant to contest for the elections under the SC reserved category. When she had been to the thashildar to get the certificate, as per the rules she was asked to get the certificate from thashildhar of area coming under her paternal residence. As informed, when she had been to Chikamagalur the thashildar there denied issuing the certificate, he alleged. Although we had informed them about the circular, none of the officials there had a copy of the circular. Even though the circular was brought via fax from Belthandagady thashildar, the concerned thashildar had denied issuing certificate. As the certificate was denied issuing at both the places, my wife could not contest in the elections’, said Ananta Mundaje.

Pertaining to this matter, complaint can be filed at the concerned department along with appropriate documents or it the complaint copy is given, it will be forwarded to the concerned department, said SP Dr SD Sharanappa.

Write A Comment