Forced conversion is a criminal act: Janardhan Poojary.

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mangaluru, December 22: B Janardhan Poojary, Former union minister and Congress leader on slammed at the BJP and the Sangh Parivar on the conversion issue, at a press meet held in the city on Monday December 22nd.

Poojary said, “The Sangh Parivar and BJP are spreading hatred in the country. Observing the activities of the Sangh Parivar, we doubt that whether democracy exists in India at all. Unity of the Nation is under threat”.


“Election is important For BJP and Sangh Parivar. They intend to win elections at any cost. In UP, they used Love Jihad as a weapon and jumped into the election. Now they are using conversion as a strategy in several states. Forced conversion is a criminal act, he said.

He said, “The Prime Minister Narendra Modi, assured of development and harmony and gained votes. Only 32 percent voted for him, while the remaining 68 percent did not. But he is not able to fulfil the expectations of the citizens. He is not taking any actions although his cabinet ministers are saying Muslims should quit the nation. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is talking of forming a Hindu Rashtra. But why the PM is keeping quiet?, he queried.


Poojary said, Country has certain expectations from the PM. Why his orders are not followed? Your party workers are making you impotent. There is no value for your words. They are devaluing the position of the PM,” he said.

He pointed out at Smriti Irani, HRD minister and said, “December 25th is the only holiday to celebrate Christmas, and she has sent circular to hold school competition on that day. When this issue was presented in the Parliament, she was confused. She thinks she is still acting in serials,” he said.


Questioning the PM on the issue of black money he said, “He had assured to get black money back to India. Where is it? What about the promises?

Poojary conversing about the allegations that the state Congress government had withdrawn Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Bill 2010 and the Karnataka Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Preservation (Amendment) Bill 2012 because of its ‘anti-Hindu’ policies, he said, ” The Karnataka Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Cattle Preservation Act 1964 is still present and only the bills introduced by the previous BJP government were withdrawn.

Commenting on the Karnataka Hindu Religious Institutions and Charitable Endowments (Amendment) Bill- 2014 and the proposal of bringing Maths under government control, he said, “I support this Bill. If problem occurs in a Math, the government will resolve the problem and hand it back to the Math.

Write A Comment