Mangalore, September 27: A gas cylinder caught fire and major accident was prevented in a fast food restaurant at Ullal on Friday, night September 26th, where.
People rushed out of the restaurant and commotion struck for a while in the area.
The gas cylinder was kept outside the restaurant where the fast food was being prepared in a densely populated area at Ullal. The incident occurred when the cook began to replace the cylinder.
It is learnt that the washer of the cylinder was missing because of which the gas caught fire.
The locals could not extinguish the fire. The cylinder was seen burning for about 30 minutes. The fire brigade was brought to the spot and doused the fire.
The food items were spoiled due to the accident.
Ullal Cops rushed at the spot and brought the situation under control.