The Dubai tram is expected to become functional from November this year. Here are 10 interesting facts for you:
1. Each Dubai tram will have seven carriages with three classes – gold, silver, and women and children.
2. The tram can carry a maximum of 450 passengers at a time.
3. Each tram carriage will be 3.5 metres in height and 44 metres in length.
4. The maximum speed of the tram will be 50 km/hr.
5. The tram will cover a total distance of 10.6 km from Dubai Marina to Al Sufouh.
6. It will pass through the following stations: JBR, Knowledge Village, Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City.
7. The tram will run every six minutes, from 5.30 am till midnight.
8. The tram will connect with the Dubai Metro at two stations: Dubai Marina and JLT.
9. The entire journey will take a total of 42 minutes.
10. It’s the first tram in the world to have platform screen doors.