- Dandeli is the picturesque town of Uttar Kannada district in Karnataka.
- Dandeli is at a distance of 481 km from Bangalore and 125 km from Goa, Dandeli is well connected by road and easily accessible from Delhi, Bombay, Pune & Hyderabad as well.
- Its been tourists favorite destination because of its incomparable mix of scenic beauty
- The modern town on the banks of the majestic River Kali is surrounded by deciduous forests and a renown wildlife habitat where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain.
- Dandeli offers plenty of opportunities, and will leave you enthralled with the unfathomable mystery of nature. The number of places and the variety of activities that exist here are limitless.
- Kali is a short and swift river located in North Karnataka on the borders of Maharashtra and Goa.
- It moves towards west and serves as an excellent whiter water rafting location.
- White Water Rafting on Kundalika started a few years ago and now a year round activity .
- White Water Rafting in Kundalika Kolad is controlled by the release of the Dam on the Kundalika River and offers Grade II and Grade III rapids (Higher the Grade, higher the level of difficulty).
- Dandeli is a wonderful destination providing opportunities for white water rafting for non-swimmers as well as children above 12.
- The first and second rapids are the most important and are named ‘Adi’s Beard’ and ‘The Stitch’ respectively.
- The other rapids located at river Kali are the Smugglers’ Trove, the Stanley’s Squeeze, etc.
- Overnight rafting trips are also available here.
- Dandeli offers white water rafting, night camps, nature walks, boating, bird watching, tiger and crocodile spotting and angling, along with picnics, eco-tourism, and trips to nearby caves and temples.
- Overland treks, cycling and mountain biking can be spontaneous or fully catered with equipment and guides.
- local legend states that the city is named after Dandelappa, a local deity, a servant of the Mirashi landlords who lost his life because of his loyalty .The people of Dandeli believed him great esteem and he is worshipped in temple.
- Wildlife enthusiasts will fall in love with the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary offering a glimpse of black panthers, Sambhar deer, bison and Malabar giant squirrels. You might even see a giant iguana, king cobra, or a tiger in the dense forests.
- Dandeli (Resorts in Dandeli) can arrange your travel and accommodations, help plan your local activities, and ensure a welcome break from typical vacation trips. Each day can bring a new amazing adventure or a relaxing retreat.
- Syntheri Rock a monolithic single granite stone with a height of 300ft with the river Kaneri flowing at its base, it’s a huge, massive limestone rock formed due to volcanic. This place is located deep inside the thick Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Exotic romantic place hide behind one of those bamboo thick , where the river kali passes between steep slopes and rock formations.
- The best time to visit Dandeli and enjoy its pristine beauty is between October and May. Especially, during December to May, the climate is pleasant and tourists can indulge in various adventure activities.
River Kali backwaters
Sathodi water fall