Bangalore: A day after three persons died and nearly 70 were admitted to hospitals with symptoms of food poisoning caused after consuming panaka and buttermilk during Ramanavami celebrations, six more people, including four children, were admitted to Victoria and Vani Vilas hospitals here.
Vani Vilas Hospital Medical Superintendent Somegowda said that there were four new admissions in the paediatrics department since Saturday evening. “Several patients have been discharged and there are only six patients left in our hospital and all of them are stable,” he said.
Authorities at the Victoria Hospital confirmed that there were two new admissions on Sunday who came following symptoms of vomiting and slight temperature.
Meanwhile, there were many residents of Valmikinagar and Azadnagar who were discharged from the hospitals after they were treated for suspected food poisoning on Saturday.
Nandini (15), who was discharged on Sunday morning, was sitting at home with her sister with a pale look on her face. She said that she had gone to the temple like everyone else and taken the juice.
“I had dysentery and vomiting and also experienced stomach ache following which my mother took me to the hospital. However, I observed some froth which was greenish in colour at the end of the glass,” she said. Her 13-year-old sister, Divya, however, said that she was not affected even though she consumed the drink.
The Muthu Maramma temple wore a deserted look as it remained closed on Sunday as well. Residents around the area told The Hindu that the temple had been shut since Friday evening when many of them fell ill.