Bangalore, Aug 21:The voting started on a brisk note for byelections to Mandya and Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha seats on Wednesday at 8 a.m. An estimated 36.37 lakh voters will be sealing the political fate of 22 contestants.
– Mandya and Bangalore Rural recorded 19 percent and 16.25 percent voter turnout, respectively, till 12 p.m.
– The Bangalore Rural recorded 6.25 percent voter turnout till 10 a.m, while Mandya 9 percent.
– Photo of Dr Ambedkar was desecrated by garlanding with footwear in Bendanwadi by some unidentified persons. This act has elicited protests with electors of the village refusing to vote to condemn the incident.
– Villagers of Inchanahalli in KR Nagar boycotted voting over lack of basic aminments. While, over 1000 electors in Gundapur of Malavalli boycotted voting over drinking water problem.
– The polling has been hampered in Ponapur and Malavalli booths as EVMs developed technical problems.