Bangalore student Chethana dies

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr



The 21-year-old student M. Chethana, who was battling for life at NIMHANS following an alleged overdose of sedatives in a private hospital in Chitradurga, died on Tuesday night here.

Hospital Medical Superintendent V.L. Sateesh told The Hindu that the girl died of complications arising out of rabies and encephalitis.

“After she was brought to the hospital on July 21 from Chitradurga, we were managing her for rabies and encephalitis. Doctors attending on her clinically suspected that she was suffering from this disease and she was being treated for it. She passed away following complications at 11.55 p.m. on Tuesday,” Dr. Sateesh said. He said that post-mortem was done at Victoria Hospital. “Autopsy report will throw more light on the cause of death,” the doctor added.

Probe findings

District Health Officer of Chitradurga, Mahalingappa, has stated that a district-level officers’ committee, which probed into the allegations against the private hospital doctor, had found that there was no overdose given to the girl during her stay at the hospital.

The report said that the girl was suffering from rabies, and the girl’s parents had not informed the hospital authorities about it while admitting her.

He is a Software Engineer from Moodbidri currently living in Kuwait. He likes to travel and post interesting things about technology. He is the designer of Kannadigaworld.com. You may follow him on FB at fb.com/alanpaladka

Write A Comment