Mangalore, April 20: It has been reported from ‘Election commission of India’ in press release that with a view to preventing impersonation of electors and to make the right o genuine electors to vote, The Election Commission of India as per Section 61 of the Representation of the peoples Act 1951 directs that all the electors can produce their Electors Photo identity Card for establishing their identity before casting their votes.
The Election Commission has directed the electors who do not have EPIC can produce any one of the following alternative identity cards to establish their identity before casting their votes.
- Authenticated photo Voters slip
- Driving License
- Income Identity (PAN) cards
- Service Identity cards with photograph issued to its employees by State/Central Government, Public sector/Undertakings or Public Limited Companies.
- Passbooks with photograph issued by Public sector banks/Post office and Kisan passbook (Account opened on or before 31.03.2013.
- Students Identity card with photographs issued by Recognized Educational Institutions on or before 31.03.2013.
- Property documents with photographs such as Pattas,Registered Deeds etc
- Ration Card with photographs issued up to 31.03.2013
- SC/ST/OBC certificates with photographs issued by competent Authority on or before 31.03.2013
- Pension Document with photography such as ex-Servicemen’s pension Book/Pension Payment Order-Servicemen’s Widow, Dependents Certificate,Oldage pension Order, Widow Pension Order with Photographs issued on or before 31.03.2013
- Freedom Fighter identity Card with photograph
- Arms License with photograph issued on or before 31.03.2013
- Certifcate of Physical Handicap with Photograph issued by Competent Authority on or before 31.03.2013.
- Ex-Servicemen CSD Canteen card with photograph
- Sandhya Suraksha Schme Card with photograph issued up to 31.03.2013
- Job card with photograph issued under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme up to 31.03.2013
- Yashashwini Card with photograph issued up to 31.03.2013.
- The service identity cards with photographs issued by the Local bodies namely Muncipal Corporation, City Municipal Council, Town Muncipal council, Village Panchayats, etc.
- Senior Citizen Cards bearing photographs of the holder of the card, issued by the Government department.
- Health Insurance Scheme smart Card, with photograph (Ministry of Labour Scheme) issued up to 31.03.2013
- Smart Cards issued by RGI under the scheme if National Population Register (NPR)
- Aadhar Card issued by UIDAI
The Overseas electors who are registered in the electoral rolls under section 20A of the Representation of the peoples Act 1950, based on the particulars in their passport, shall be identified on the basis of their original passport only (and no other identity document) in the polling station.
Conducting and Publishing result of any ‘Exit’Pol on 05.05.2013 Prohibited: Election commission of India under sub-section (1) of section 126A of the R.P.Act 1951, notifies that conducting any exit poll and publishing or publicizing by means of the print or electronic media or dissemination in any other manner what so ever, the result of any exit poll in connection current election to Legislative Assembly of Karnataka, during the period between 7.00 a.m and 05.05.2013 shall be prohibited.
Further under section 126 (1)(b) of the R.P.Act 1951,displaying any election matter including results of any opinion poll or any other poll survey,in any electronic media would be prohibited during the period of 48 hours ending with the hours fixed for conclusion of poll in connection with the current assembly Elections of Karnataka.