Kundapur;Dec 31 : Addressing the media reporters in press meet held in Kundapur office,BJP president Thingale Vikramaarjuna Hegde,said in his speech that condemning the anti-people’s policies of congress both in state and central, ban on areca nut, slow phase work of highways, increase in number of extremists activities in Karnataka coastal region and opposing anti-people’s policies of congress, from Hejamady to Byndoor covering 935 km distance,Udupi district BJP will organize People’s revolution Padayatra from Jan 02 to Jan 05.
The Padayatra, which starts from Hejamady on Jan 02, on Jan 03 it will travel to Mabukala via Kundapur road and on Jan 04, it will proceed to Byndoor.In between of this journey, many meetings and programmes have been organized. In Kota, Koteshwara, Thekkatte region massive public rally has been arranged. In this padayatra, thousands of BJP activists and areca nut growers are expected to participate. He also informed on the occasion that state presidents, former chief ministers and prominent leaders will also participate.
Why this Padayatra (bare- foot journey) :-
· Condemning the ban on areca nut crop, which plays a prominent role in each part of the human life and has got an emotional attachment and demand for the withdrawal of ban on areca nut crop
· By not completing on time, the four-lane work of Kundapur-Suratkal highway, which was supposed to be finished by the end of March, 2013 and there by playing a havoc on the lives of vehicle travelers and compensation not yet received by the people, who lost their land during highway works and bringing that under highway land acquisition act and demanded for the payment of the compensation, who lost their lands.
· Union government has released a grant-in-aid of Rs 85 lacs for the development of Kundapur-Byndoor NH 66,in that, not even Rs 25 lacs has not been spent for the development of the NH 66 highway and investigation has to be conducted on lapses committed by contractors
· The number of naxal activities in the region and its control/prevention, about implementation of ban on cow slaughter act, increase in extremists activities, about condemnation on Ayesha case, state government’s Shyadi Bhagya,Ahinda tour and condemnation of stand on superstitions bill.
· It was a shameful that 25 acres of land was mortgaged for paying the salary of Brahmavar sugar factory workers and sugarcane suppliers.
· Hegde accused the government for mortgaging the land worth value multi-crore, for Rs 10 lacs after coming under the pressure of industrialist lobbies.
Udupi district BJP Yuva Morcha president Vilas Nayak, general secretary Mahesha Poojary, B.Kishore Kumar, State convener of fishermen’s association, Rajesh Kaveri, president of BJP, Kundapur unit were present in the meet.
Talk with Halady:
He also informed on the occasion that in the wake of ensuing Loka Sabha election, in view of bringing Halady shreenivasa Shetty to BJP again, not only held a discussion with Halady supporters and prominent leaders,he also discussed personally with Halady and Halady has responded positively to the request, he said.