Teenage boy dies after lighting strikes him while charging cell phone.

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Bantwal, June 29: A teenage boy expired after lightning struck him while charging his cell phone on the night of Saturday, June 29th at Maindala near Punjalkatte.

The deceased is Pradeep (18), son of Umesh Madiwala.

As it is rainy season, there was no power supply on Saturday. When the power came at around 9.30 p m on that day, Pradeep switched on the mobile charger to charge his cell phone.

Meanwhile, the lighting had struck and enormous power flowed through the mobile charger. As a result Pradeep was injured in the incident. He passed away on the way to hospital.

The mobile charger had burnt completely.

Pradeep was the third child of Umesh Madiwala. Due to poverty, he could not continue his studies and worked for a shamiyana supplying company in Allipade.

Bantwal tahasildar Purandara Hegde visited the residence of deceased and pacified the grieving family.

Write A Comment