Mangaluru, Janaury 16: Fire broke out in the main building at Wenlock hospital Mangaluru on January 16th shortly before the arrival of health minister U T Khadar and medical education minister Dr Sharan Prakash Patil.
It is gathered that short circuit in the air-conditioner wiring in CT scan chamber caused the fire.
The hospital’s staff immediately plunged into action and extinguished the fire soon even before the arrival of fire engines. Thick smoke had engulfed the CT scan room. The AC was charred due to fire and no major damage or injuries were reported.
Huge crowd had gathered at the spot.
Nearly 15 minutes elapsed after the fire incident, Khadar and Dr Patil visited the hospital; held meeting with the staff, superintendent. They interacted with patients too.
Khadar collected details pertaining to the fire incident and also paid a visit to the CT scan chamber.