5 Big Quotes From PM Narendra Modi’s Sydney Speech
PM Modi greets Indians gathered at Allphones Arena in Sydney’s Olympic Park
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi ,wearing a bright blue sleeveless jacket over his white kurta, addressed 16,000 Indians and people of Indian origin in Sydney today. Here are 5 big quotes from his speech:
- Neither India nor Australia can live without cricket. Cricket has brought us together but before that we had a cultural history that linked us.
- You can take off from India at night and reach Australia the next morning. But it took 28 years for an Indian PM to reach Australia. I promise you will never need to wait that long again.
- We weren’t fortunate enough to fight for the country’s freedom, we didn’t have the good luck to go to jail for India’s independence. We couldn’t die for the country, but at least we can live for the country. If we fight, if we struggle, it should be for our country.
- Look at the strength of democracy. Would I have been here if it weren’t for democracy? The power of this democracy brought me here.
- Mother India has 250 crore arms, 200 crore of those arms are below 35. It’s the youth of India who can help us fulfill our potential.
- I want to work for the little guy…the common man…to do big things for “small people.” That is my focus.
- I told the RBI they have to move faster to ensure a bank account for every family. Now can anyone say “No” to the PM? In the last 10 weeks, 71 million bank accounts have already opened. Same leaders, same office, same habits, same people – but the work got done, didn’t it?
- If citizens of India decide to, then we can clean up the image of India that the world has – we can meet this challenge.
- Cleaning up…removing litter…this is not a job that lacks dignity…this is a job that must be respected.
- I have always admired the concept of dignity of labour in Australia. Here, a research scientist can also drive a cab.