Nutrition plays a very important role in how our bodies look and feel and also in the results we get from our workouts. It does not have to be a hard thing to master but for most people nutrition seems to be the only thing standing in between them and their fitness goals.
A few of the common mistakes people make while dieting :
- Not eating enough: Not eating enough of the right foods usually hinders people from losing fat. If the body ‘feels’ that it is not getting enough food, it will go in a starvation mode and start preserving the body fat.
- Eating too much: Eating too many calories or the wrong types of food usually adds more fat on to the body.
- Not eating frequently enough: This is a vital practice one must do. Not only does this increase the metabolism, but it also maintains an energy balance and provides your body with a steady stream of nutrients. It is much better to eat six small meals than three big ones.
- Not paying attention to meal and nutrient timing: This goes back rule number 3 and will make a big difference in the way your body burns calories and fat.
- Not consuming enough fats: Fats are essential for the production of nearly every hormone. They are important for metabolic function, skin health, immune health, and many other things. Essential fatty acids, especially omega-3 fatty acids, are largely responsible for many of these benefits. Fish oil, which contains the omega-3 acids DHA and EPA, can provide some outstanding benefits for anyone trying to get the best possible body for summertime.
- Not drinking enough water: And this does not mean only when you are thirsty. If you are feeling thirsty that means you are already starting to dehydrate. Ensure that you drink at least two litres of water every day. Starting the day with 2-3 200 ml glasses of water is beneficial in many ways including in weight loss.