United Arab Emirates: The winners of the inaugural edition of the Annual Health Awards were awarded at a star-studded gala event at the Godolphin Ballroom, Jumeirah Emirates Towers on Monday, January 16, 2017. Jointly hosted by Dubai’s Department of Economic Development (DED) and Gulf Medical University (GMU) led HEALTH Magazine, the event was a first-of-its-kind gathering of more than 600 healthcare professionals and leaders of the UAE, including private and public sector.
His Excellency Humaid Obeid Al Qutami, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Dubai Health Authority, the chief guest of the event, presented the Annual Health Awards 2017 to 34 outstanding contributors in both, public and private sectors, and 8 legendary dignitaries- for their pioneering roles in shaping the healthcare industry of the region. Dr. Maryam Matar, Chairperson – UAE GDA delivered the keynote address at the event. “I am pleased to be invited to this unique initiative that celebrates excellence, recognizing individuals and institutions that are shaping the world we live in tomorrow, whether through creative new technologies or insightful philanthropy or an unflagging drive to improve healthcare sector all around the globe.”
Also in attendance were healthcare leaders like Dr. B R Shetty – Founder and CEO of NMC Healthcare, Mr. Thumbay Moideen – Founder President of Thumbay Group, Dr. Zulekha Daud – Chairperson Zulekha Hospitals, CEO of ADNEC, CEO of Mafraq hospitals; H.E. Dr Amin Al Amiri – Assistant Undersecretary for Public Health Policy and Licensing, Ministry of Health & Prevention, UAE, etc. The event was also graced by the presence of Arabic Singer Diana Haddad, Bollywood celebrities Karishma Kapoor and Rana Daggubati and Malayalam actor Jayaram.
The corporate award categories included honors for the best corporate fitness initiative, hospital infrastructure development, CSR contribution, innovative technology in healthcare etc. The individual categories included ‘distinguished women in healthcare’.
Extending his support to the excellence programme, Thumbay Moideen, Founder Chairman of the Thumbay Group, said, “The goal in supporting Annual Health Awards is to generate positivity, inclusivity, unlimited potential, and promoting the possibility every healthcare professional and institution can nurture. UAE has a proud history of supporting innovation and we are making great strides to continue this tradition by promoting contributions of individuals and firms. The launch of the first Annual Health Awards was a perfect platform to showcase and celebrate the great work that is happening in UAE across and thereby empowering future generations to come.”
Eight distinguished healthcare trendsetters were honored with special awards as part of the annual Health Awards 2017, in recognition of their invaluable contributions to the region’s healthcare industry. The awardees were: Dr. B.R. Shetty (Founder and CEO of NMC Healthcare), H.E. Dr Amin Al Amiri (Assistant Undersecretary for Public Health Policy and Licensing -Ministry of Health & Prevention, UAE), H.E Dr. Manal Omran Taryam (Chief Executive Officer of the Noor Dubai Foundation), Mr. Mohammed Al Zarouni (Director of Red Crescent), Dr. Fuzan Al Khalidi (Director of Healthcare Strategy and Policy at the Prime Minister’s Office – UAE), Dr. Zulekha Daud (Chairperson Zulekha Hospitals), Dr. Mohamed Al Dhaheri (Chief Executive Officer – Mafraq Hospital) and H. E. Khalifa Hassan Al Drai (Exective Director – Dubai Corporation Ambulance Services).
The annual Health awards has been initiated with the aim of publicizing and promoting significant achievements from across the region, to inspire healthcare professionals and organizations to dream big and embark upon great endeavours. The awards will honour many more deserving achievers globally in the years to come, gradually evolving as an industry benchmark of professional excellence, says the organizers.
Dr. B R Shetty – Founder and CEO of NMC Healthcare- I am delighted to be a part of this initiative, which overall promotes new research in medicine, clinical trials and overall UAE government’s vision of medical tourism. The magazine has been around for 20 years, being distributed in 40 countries. So, it’s a unique and good initiative that
Dr. Zulekha Daud – Chairperson Zulekha Hospitals – “I feel full-filled standing here today, being honoured at the Annual Health Awards. When I came here, there was no hospital infrastructure or quality healthcare services, but my father told me that this is time people need you. Today, after receiving this honour, I truly feel that I have contributed to the Health care sector.
Dr Raza Siddiqui, CEO Arabian Healthcare Group and Executive Director of RAK Hospital, “It’s a unique platform that has been created in the UAE for the healthcare sector that brings so many contributors, big and small, together on one platform.”
List of Winners
1. Al Ain Hospital – SEHA
2. Aster Pharmacy Group LLC
Distinguished Laboratory Services
1. Burjeel Hospital
2. Al Baraha Hospital Laboratory, MOHAP
Distinguished Insurance Agency
1. Oman Insurance Company
2. Takaful Emarat Insurance PSC
Distinguished Fitness Center
1. Advantage Sports
2. Real Pilates
Distinguished Corporate Fitness Initiative
1. Arabian Wellness & Lifestyle Management, LL
2. Advantage Sports
Distinguished Hospital Infrastructure Development
1. KEF Holdings
2. RAK Hospital
Distinguished CSR Contribution
1. International Modern Hospital
2. Panacea Medical & Wellness Centre
1. Global Hawk Imaging and Diagnostics
2. Tech Knowledge FZ LLC
1. Mr. Marko Bukvic PT Sports Specialist – Infinity the Family Clinic and Hamilton Aquatics
2. Dr. Ebtihal Darwish Consultant Family Physician, Owner and General Manager – Ethraa for training and consultation
1. Ms. Sini Chako Nurse Manager – Burjeel Hospital
2. Ms. Khadijeh Andullah Amiri Senior charge nurse – Al Qassimi hospital
3. Ms. Khouloud Khalid Khamees Charge technician -Endoscopy Head Nurse – Ministry of Health & Prevention
4. Ms. Raima Sebastian Registered Nurse – Masafi Hospital
1. Dr Pankaj Shrivastav Medical Director/Consultant – Conceive Gynaecology and Fertility Centre (“Let’s make you a family!”)
2. Dr. Nawal Al Mutawa Consultant Endocrinologist and Diabetologist – Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah
3. Dr. Shyam Viswanathan Pillai Medical Director – Dr. Shyam’s Ayurveda Center
4. Dr. Rami Khaled Abou El Foul Specialist Gastroenterology – Hatta Hospital
Distinguished Women in Healthcare
1. Ms. Premi Mathew Founder and CEO – Protect Your Mom Campaign
2. Ms. Al Anoud Mohamed Salman Head of Quality & Excellence Department – Ministry Of Health & Prevention
Distinguished Achievers in Healthcare
1. Dr Nawab Shafi Ul Mulk Chairman Mulk Healthcare and Global Hawk Imaging and Diagnostics
2. Mr. Sravan Kumar Deputy Director Quality – Zulekha Hospitals
3. Ms. Alanoud Mohamed Salman Head Of Quality & Excellence Department – Ministry Of Health & Prevention
4. Ms. Farha H R Hijji CPD Nursing Coordinator – Kuwait Hospital – Sharjah
Distinguished Executives in Healthcare
1. Mr. Clancey Po Chief Executive Officer – Burjeel Hospital
2. Ms. Remya Venugopalan Quality Manager – International Modern Hospital
About HEALTH magazine
HEALTH magazine is a bimonthly, bilingual (English, Arabic) BPA-audited publication. As one of the leading health and lifestyle magazines in the region, HEALTH covers a variety of topics such as health, lifestyle, wellness, fitness, beauty, family, parenting, diet, nutrition, luxury and fashion.
Launched in 1999, HEALTH now boasts of a circulation of 20,000 copies in print, with a readership of close to 80,000. Its distribution and coverage area is spread across the UAE in leading retail
outlets, major airports, leading medical institutions and upscale clinics, pharma companies, boutiques, gyms, coffee shops, spas and resorts, bookshops, hotels and malls.
HEALTH Magazine has a significant online and social media presence. Its dynamic website receives more than 20,000 hits per month, and its Facebook page is followed by close to 25,000 readers. HEALTH Magazine’s mobile app is available on the android app store, and has already been downloaded by a number of users. HEALTH Magazine inspires health and lifestyle and also organizes regular events.