Mumbai: Fox Star Studios has produced Bang Bang for a whopping budget of 140 crore (including Prints & Advertising). It is one of the costliest films made in Bollywood. We decode why the hottest film of 2014 wouldn’t be the same in case it was made with a lesser budget.
1. Bang Bang has the hottest pairing in Bollywood – Lets face it Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif are the two of the biggest superstars of the country and ‘Bang Bang’ has them both in it looking their hottest best. They are also the highest paid actors in the country.
2. Never-seen-before action – the action in ‘Bang Bang’ is simply out of the world – something that Bollywood has never seen before. The makers roped in Andy Armstrong (a Hollywood action director who has worked on The Amazing Spiderman)
3. To deliver these breath-taking, death-defying stunts. Creating this spectacle definitely needed the best crew in the business or else they would have looked shoddy. The action sequences involved Hrithik driving a F1 car, water-ski after being tied to a sea-plane and do the fly board stunts — these action stunts have never been done by any Bollywood star and the cost incurred on it is superbly justified as these shots have become the most talked about scenes from the film that will drive the opening of ‘Bang Bang’. The buzz generated is because of the spectacle created.
4. An adventure film with a huge scale – ‘Bang Bang’ is an adventure film, an action-romance that needed the stars to travel across the world to join the dots and solve a mystery. The story took them to Prague, US, Thailand, Greece and the makers did not compromise on the scale of the film and gave the story its due.
5. The vision and the risk: when you have the vision to create something that is larger-than-life, one has to take the risk and the producers definitely have stuck their necks out rather than compromising on the director’s vision. The makers have gone all out to make ‘Bang Bang’ and the film deserves the budget it got. ‘Bang Bang’ is now the hottest film of 2014, a must watch that is riding on super buzz. A compromise on the vision would have completely botched up the look and feel of the film.
So kudos to the studio and Siddharth Anand to not get jittery and finishing what they started out to do – make a film that has never been made in Bollywood. ‘Bang Bang’ has redefined the action genre. It might be a while before any Bollywood actor does an action film as it will be difficult to match the scale and vision of ‘Bang Bang’.