Kundapur : Goods worth nearly Rs 10 lakh were destroyed in a fire that engulfed a house at Ankadakatte in Koteshwar on April 1, Tuesday night. The house belonged to one Sumathi and her brothers. The occupants of the house woke up in the dead of the night on hearing the cracking sounds of things getting burnt by fire and immediately alerted neighbours who joined the family in putting out the fire. Even fire tender vehicles rushed to the spot.
However, the fire had caused sufficient damage by the time it was extinguished. Several valuables, a cash of Rs 60,000 and various other goods in the house were gutted in the fire. Senior officials including the Koteshwar Village Accountant Jagadish, revenue officer Anand Damle and others visited the spot of the fire mishap and consoled the family which has lost all its belongings.