Parents of the boy, who died yesterday at Century Toddlers Academy in Ulhasnagar, alleged negligence on part of the school authorities and ransacked the principal’s cabin
After a five-year-old boy died at Ulhasnagar’s Century Rayon School after eating his tiffin yesterday, his parent’s have blamed the school authorities for not taking him to the hospital, and instead waiting for them to arrive.
The parents, joined by sympathetic neighbours, protested the “negligence” by ransacking the principal’s office. The student, Arjun Mohansingh Jinna, studied in Century Toddlers Academy, which is run by Century Rayon Education Society of the Birla Group in Ulhasnagar, Camp 1.
According to the police, the boy, who studied in kindergarten, started vomiting after having his tiffin, and the school called up his parents, but did not rush him to the nearby hospital run by the same trust.
A son lost
“The school should have rushed him to hospital. Instead they waited for us. They take so much money in donations and fees and such negligence! Because of them, I lost my son,” said Arjun’s mother Maya Mohansingh Jinna.
After the residents of Kamla Nehru Nagar the area the child resided in came to know of the incident, they gathered at the office of the principal, Kailashpati Pal, and ransacked it.
“It was not our mistake. He had his tiffin and then he started vomiting, and we immediately informed his parents,” said Pal, who had taken charge as the school principal yesterday itself. The Ulhasnagar police have registered an accidental death case, and are investigating the matter.
The other side
“We tried the phone of the child’s father, but it was unreachable. He reverted later. The incident happened around 10.15 am, and the school lets out by 10.30 am. The peon was on his way with the child to the hospital, and that’s when his mother arrived to take him to hospital,” said Anil Vyas, an office-bearer of the school.