Chembur photographer’s suicide- FIR registered against wife and her mother

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr
Prakash patniRCF police have finally registered an FIR in the case wherein a freelance photographer in Chembur committed suicide.

Prakash Patni (32), who hung himself at his residence on Monday, had allegedly scribbled a “suicide note” in pencil on the wall of his home, implying that his wife, her mother and aunt were responsible for his death. On Sunday, police registered a case against Patni’s wife Dimple (28), her mother Jaishree Kundani and aunt Mohini Kundani.

Patni’s brother Mohan (34) told Mumbai Mirror that police was reluctant to lodge a complaint citing lack of evidence. “My brother has clearly mentioned these three names. Then too police failed to register a complaint. On Saturday, I and my family were made to sit in the police station for hours. After much reluctance, they registered an FIR on Sunday at midnight, but told us that the accused will not be arrested till the court orders,” he said.

“His mother-in-law used to visit their house almost everyday. She stays in Koparkhairne, but her husband runs a garage in Chembur. Often, my brother used to complain of harassment by the in-laws. My parents used to pay his rent and food bills,” said Mohan.

“As per the complaint by Patni’s father Jagdish, we have registered a case under IPC section 306 (34), abetment to suicide. Patni was also facing financial difficulties. It’s not necessary that only domestic discord could lead to suicide. We didn’t register a complaint due to lack of evidence,” said a RCF police official, requesting anonymity.

“On Monday, Patni’s wife Dimple returned home from Koparkhairne around 1 pm. When he failed to open the door, she lifted the curtain at one of the windows to find him hanging by the ceiling fan. Patni was staying on rent at Building No. 18 of Chembur Camp with his wife and son Piyush (7) for the last two years. He worked as a freelance photographer and videographer. On the wall in his house, he wrote, “Because of my wife and her mother Jaishree Kundani and Mohini Kundani, its over.”

A few hours before he committed suicide, he had also written various status messages on his Facebook account, saying it was his last day. His mobile records show that at 2.30 am on Monday, he messaged his wife saying, “Dear I am sorry. You have done wrong. Please don’t do this to anyone.”


Write A Comment