Bangalore, December 13: A 10-year-old boy and his five-year-old sister were electrocuted in Attibele in Anekal taluk on Thursday.
Jintu Das and Madhu Smitha Das, both residents of Srinivas Reddy Colony at Balagaranahalli, came in contact with a live wire that had snapped off an electricity pole outside their house and fallen near the toilet outside.
According to the police, Madhu, who was going to the toilet, first came in contact with the wire. Hearing her shout, Jintu rushed to save her, but was electrocuted too when he touched her.
The screams of the children brought their parents and neighbours out of their homes. The parents, who are factory workers originally from Assam, found the children lying on the ground. Within minutes, they were dead, the police said.
The police added that the wire had snapped owing to gusty winds. They have booked a case of negligence against the Bangalore Electric Supply Company.