Engineer student died of accidental electrocution

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mangalore, Sep,16: An engineering student Yajnesh Shetty (21) died of electrocution while he visit to a hospital to see his sick friend.


He is second-year mechanical engineering student of a college from Kenjar near Bajpe, hailing from Mumbai. He had gone to Ullal Nursing Home near Kudroli in the city to visit a friend who suffering from malaria. While being there, at night, he stretched his hand out for through something and his hand touched to the electric line and got electrocuted. He suffered serious burn injuries, he died on the spot.


After the post mortem his dead body is taken to Mumbai.



Irresponsibility of MESCOM: The MCC officials had shifted the electric pole very close to the hospital at the time of Kudroli – Mannagudda main Road. But the MESCOM did not take any kind of protection against this electric pole.The officers of MESCOM visited the place after the incident.


Write A Comment