Mangalore: Unidentified assailants brutally kill Congress activist

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mangalore, Sep 5: A Congress worker,  Madyar- Nadaru resident Neelu alias Neelaya (33) was murdered near Madyar temple by unidentified persons here late night on Wednesday around 10.30, September 4.

It said that pre- hatred was the cause for murder.

Details:  In the Ullal police station limit at Madoor near Kotekar, as usual till night 10 he was with his friends. After that he left his friend Dheeraj to his house in his Alto car. During that time his another friend stopped his car and told with him that about 4-5 people are waiting near his house and also told him to be careful & beware about them.  But Neelaya curiously went to see the spot and in that time assailants made him to get down from the car and allegedly attacked him, which caused to death in the spot.


Neelaya’s friends Sampath and Dinesh were travelling in the back of him and after seeing the incident they have complained in the Ullal station. It suspected that Madyar residents Santhu alias Santhosh, Chidu alias Chidananda and Talapadi resident Krishna are the accused. The police have visited the spot and investigating the case. Neelaya was a local Congress worker and he was married, where they having a child. But he left his wife.

The body was shifted to a private hospital in Deralakatte for post mortem.

Though Minister Come,  Inspector did not: Health minister U.T Khader has visited the death spot of Neelaya, but Ullal station inspector has not came to spot, even though several try to his number. Due to absence of inspector, local showed their anger, but Minister Khader succeeded to get the situation under control.

Involved in the 9 cases: It is said that Neelu was working with Pandu Pai and involved in nearly 9 cases, in the various station limit. Few years ago he also involved in forcible release Vamanjur Rohi from the police hand.

Neelaya and Maadooru resident Santhosh had personal rivalry regarding the finance and land links. Several time their fight climbed the step of station also and on July 30 Tuesday, after finishing the work, when he was moving in his alto car, three people were tried to stop him, who came on bike. Due to the prior warning he succeeded to escape without stopping the car. Later Neelesh had complained against them and regarding the complained police had arrested Jagadeesh and due to lack of witness they released him. But, yesterday night they took the revenge through the attack. Neelesh’s famil alleged that if police could have investigated properly, then they would have stopped this murder.

ACP Kavitha along with other police officials arrived at the spot and Ullal police have registered a case.

Write A Comment