A teenager in UP recently had a massive five-foot hairball removed from her stomach. According to Daily Mail, a 15-year-old girl named Kavita Kumari became so ill her parents rushed her to a local hospital. She had reportedly showed signs of extreme fatigue and had completely lost her appetite.
Reportedly, the doctors diagnosed Kumari with Rapunzel Syndrome, an extremely rare psychological condition where a person is addicted to eating their own hair and the hair of other.
Kavita’s stomach had been protuding but even after several visits to doctors, they could not detect the root cause of the proble,. The doctors at the Siddharth Multi Speciality Hospital and Research Centre in Uttar Pradesh, found a large, firm mass in her abdomen when her father brought her to the hospial, reported Daily Mail.
Kavita is currently recovering and will receive psychological help with her disorder.
The Rapunzel Syndrome is a psychological disorder that leads to a hairball being found in the digestive track of someone who ingests hair. It mainly affects women.