New Delhi: Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore lauded the Army operation in Myanmar and said Prime Minister Narendra Modi had ordered the “hot pursuit” in which two rebel camps were completely annihilated.
He said the surgical strike inside Myanmar was an “unprecedented” and “extremely bold” step by the government.
Asserting that attacks on Indians are not acceptable anywhere, the minister, a former colonel, said India would carry out surgical strikes at the place and time of its own choosing.
Asked whether such attacks could be carried out on the western border, he said “western disturbances will also be equally dealt with”.
“Our PM ordered hot pursuit in which two camps were completely annihilated. While the Army carried out the strike, helicopters were on stand-by,” he said.
He said the operations on Tuesday were a message to all such neighbours who harbour terror intentions.
“Friendship and zero tolerance will go hand in hand. This is a beginning. India is strong. This message should go to everyone,” he said.
Stating that the Indian side suffered no casualties in this operation, he said the Army has strong capabilities and “it needed an equally strong leader to take such a bold decision. We will carry out such attacks”.
The Minister’s statement came after special forces of the army in coordination with the air force today carried out a surgical strike inside Myanmar, killing nearly 20 insurgents of the groups believed to be responsible for the deadly ambush in Manipur that killed 18 soldiers.
Elite commandos of the army went a few kilometres inside the Myanmar territory to destroy two camps of insurgents hiding there after their attacks in Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh last week by NSCN(K) and KYKL outfits.