New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday decided to withdraw its circular issued on two-finger test on rape victims. The government has also said that action will be taken against the officer who has issued the circular.
According to reports, the government had issued a guideline on medical examination of rape survivors and said it cannot completely ban the test.
The circular said, “To do away with this essential pelvic examination would amount to incomplete assessment of the survivor, which will ultimately result in injustice and low conviction rates.”
However, it added that “informed consent” of the woman should be taken before conducting the test.
Activists had been objecting to the two-finger test for years now.