Washington: A new study has claimed that there are certain fats, which could prove beneficial to one’s health if made part of their diet.
According to Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), though fats maybe considered the enemy of good nutrition most of the times, when included in a healthy diet they could boast several potential health benefits.
Contributing Editor Linda Milo Ohr wrote about how fatty acids and nutritional oils may benefit cognition, weight management, heart health, eye and brain development, and even mood.
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are associated with brain development, cognition, eye health, dementia and depression. They are also widely well known for their heart health benefits.
2. Pinolenic Acid: Pinolenic acid is based on pine nut oil derived from a specific Korean pine tree, and is especially rich in long-chain fatty acids. Clinical trials have shown that it can help suppress appetite and promote a feeling of fullness.
3. Conjugated Linoleic Acid: Conjugated linoleic acid has been shown to affect weight management by helping reduce body fat and increase lean body mass.
4. Flaxseed Oil: Flaxseed oil is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids which can contribute to heart health and help reduce inflammation.
5. Hemp Oil: Hemp seed oil contains a balanced ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 linolenic essential fatty acids, and also contains vitamin E.
6. Fish Oil: Fish oil is known for its effect on cardiovascular, neurological, and cognitive health.
7. Canola Oil: Aa per a study, a canola oil-enriched, low-glycemic-diet improved blood sugar control in type 2 diabetics, especially those with raised systolic blood pressure.
8. Soybean Oil: High oleic soybean oil has reduced saturated fat and 0 grams of trans fat, and delivers three times the amount of monounsaturated fats compared to commodity soybean oil.
9. Coconut Oil: Although not as much research has been done compared to olive or fish oil, it is thought to aid in areas such as energy, skin health, and dental health.