Woman ends life with two kids; husband follows suit

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mysore: Man was facing charges of rape and murder of a five-year-old

In a bizarre incident, a woman allegedly committed suicide after hanging her two children to death in the city on Wednesday. On Thursday, husband of the deceased woman also ended life by consuming poison.

The deceased have been identified as Anil Kumar (29), his wife Ramya (26), daughter Harshitha (3) and Pavan (1), residents of Aditya Nagar, near Vijayanagar in the city. Anil Kumar, a native of Mirle in K R Nagar taluk in the district had married Ramya, a native of Bidarakka village in Hassan district, five years ago.

Kumar was out on bail after his arrest on the charges of raping and killing a five-year-old to death at his native two years ago.

Mahendra, the younger brother of Ramya, who works with a private company, returned home on Wednesday night at 8 pm, to discover that his sister was hanging from the ceiling with her children. As the main door was locked from inside, Mahendra had to peep through the window and look for them with the help of his cell phone torch. Mahendra who was living with his sister’s family, ever since they moved to Mysore a few months ago, had left for work in the morning.

According to the police, fearing repercussions at his native, Kumar had shifted to Mysore after his release from the jail. He had found job as a security guard at a mall in Jayalakshmipuram.

All was well between the couple, till Kumar became attracted to in his neighbour cum colleague, a woman security guard at the same mall.

This led to frequent quarrels between Ramya and Kumar. Once, in a fit of rage, Kumar had also beaten up his wife in front of his paramour. He had also become demanding, torturing his wife for money to buy a motorbike.

The investigators said that upset over all these unsavoury experiences, Ramya may have decided to end her life with her children. After learning about the incident, Kumar is suspected to have ended his life too. He was found dead after consuming liquor mixed with poison at a burial ground in Aditya Nagar close to his house. A case has been registered.

The girl who was believed to be missing

Till the Bangalore police cracked the missing case of a five year old girl at Mirle in Mysore district two years ago, many were of the belief that the girl may have disappeared.

However, what emerged was more horrific than the helpless assumption.

The girl, who was assumed to have gone missing, had in fact been allegedly raped and murdered by Anil Kumar who was at that time residing next to the girl’s house. As per his own confession, he had taken the girl to a sugarcane field and had allegedly sexually exploited her and later killed her and burnt her body.

The mother of the girl, who is a teacher at an anganawadi, lodged a missing complaint with the police after all her efforts to trace her daughter went in vain. The status quo remained the same for six months. Eventually, she contacted her police officer B R Ravikanthe Gowda, DCP with central crime branch (CCB) then (who is also her relative), seeking justice. The officer assigned CCB  inspector Nanjunde Gowda to the case. In the course of investigation, the needle of suspicions was on Anil Kumar. When the police quizzed him, he reportedly confessed to the crime.

Write A Comment