Kundapur; Jan 04: A case of thousands of rupees gutted in the fire of the ‘Aarati’ in Mandarthi Shree Durgaparameshwari temple was reported on Jan 03, Friday.
It was told that after the Mangalarathi was performed, at the time of serving ‘Aarati’ to the devotees, a small spark (bit ) of fire from the camphor of the Aarati fell into the Hundi box (offering box) caused a fire, resulting thousands rupees burnt in the fire.
It is said this Hundi box was the prominent box in the temple. Since it was opened in last month, only the money, which was offered by devotees since one month was there inside the Hundi.An employee of the temple, who saw the smoke emanating from the Hundi, due to his presence of mind, tried to douse the fire by spraying water and thereby averted major disaster. After extinguish the fire, matter was informed to DC.
The people, video records, in front of temples prominent leaders and authorities, by conducting an inquest and after drying in the sun light, money was deposited in bank, it said.
Dhananjaya Shetty, President temples management Samiti, members Ganesh Kundar, Gopla Nayak, managing director E.G.Naik,Endowment inspector Ganesh Rao visited the place.
According to the temple’s source, when question was asked in this regard with Tantri Hrishikeshi Baayari, some solutions will be carried out, he said.