Boy electrocuted by transformer while playing

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr


Mangalore: An eight-year-old boy was electrocuted while playing near a transformer at Jeppu – Kudpady in the city on Saturday.

A Class III student Nadeem, 8, son of Abdul Sathar, was playing on the premises of their apartment when the accident took place. Nadeem was trying to pick a ball which was lying on the foundation of the transformer. His hand was burnt completely in the accident. Though he was taken to a private hospital immediately, he succumbed to injuries.

Residents alleged that lack of safety measures near the transformer caused the accident.

He is a Software Engineer from Moodbidri currently living in Kuwait. He likes to travel and post interesting things about technology. He is the designer of Kannadigaworld.com. You may follow him on FB at fb.com/alanpaladka

Write A Comment