Ahead of the trust vote for Arvind Kejriwal, BJP’s Dr Harsh Vardhan delivered a speech in the legislature in which he questioned the chief minister’s decision to accept support from the Congress, which Mr Kejriwal has regularly described as corrupt. Here are the highlights of Dr Vardhan’s speech:
* When Mr Kejriwal’s party was born, people of this country saw new hope.
*But Arvind Kejriwal had sworn that he would neither support nor take support of the Congress party.
*In 15 years of Congress rule, there have been many scams. Our party kept highlighting these.
* I don’t know what compelled him to seek support from the Congress – a party that was shown the door by the people in these elections.
*We were invited by the Lt Governor to form the government.
*The party that was ruling this house for 15 years shrunk to 8 – the party with the most number of seats is in the Opposition and the party that finished second is now in government.
* You all (Aam Aadmi Party leaders) are taking the metro – that’s nothing great. Your rides are creating security problems, and you are breaking metro rules.
* You have rejected government houses. We are not opposed to this. We also want transparency in politics. But two government flats have already been booked for Kejriwal, though he had said he would not use government accommodation if he is elected.
* You say you don’t want security. But for AAP swearing-in at public park in Delhi, 4000 policemen were needed for the ceremony.