Ullal, July 1: A hardware shop was completely gutted in fire at Jodukatte near Konaje and items worth Rs 35 lakhs are estimated to be charred in fire.
The shop belonging to Sahul Hameed resident of Kisan Nagar in Harekala was charred in fire. The reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.
It is learnt, Sahul Hameed along with his brothers was running this hardware shop since two years, and from recent past the good business was going on. As the main switch of power supply used to be switched off daily while closing the shop at night, there are no chances of short circuit, he said.
On Wednesday early morning while he was passing in his car through his shop, he noticed smoke rising from his shop and informed the police. The police passed the message to the fire personnel’s. By the time the fire extinguishers reached the spot, the shop was completely gutted in fire.
The fire extinguishers were brought to the spot and the fire was doused.
The building was also damaged due to the fire. An adjacent fancy centre has also suffered losses.
Konaje police arrived at the spot and are investigating.
Zilla Panchayat member S Kareem, and Taluk Panchayat member Mohammed Musthafa visited the spot.