Kasargod, December 12: A political leader’s house in Kumble was set on fire by miscreants on Thursday December 11th. Luckily, the occupants of the house are safe.
The house belongs to Mohammed- a member of the District Muslim League from Bambrana, P K Nagar.
It is gathered that, the occupants of the house woke up after hearing some sound before sun rise at 3am. The occupants were shocked to see that their house was burning with the fire in the kitchen. They informed their neighbours immediately who helped to subside the fire in time before it could reach the gas cylinder.
The kitchen of the house is badly damaged due to the incident. It has been learnt that miscreants had thrown papers and waste cloths through the window immersed in kerosene before setting fire.
A case is filed at Kumble police station and investigations are on.