London: A man has died after a waiter accidentally served him a glass of dishwasher detergent instead of white wine in a cafe.
The 50-year-old Andres Lorente felt a burning sensation after drinking the beverage at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellon, the Independent reported.
Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him, but the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaros Hospital.
Source said that the lethal liquid had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff.
Spanish Police is investigating the incident and the cafe owner has been arrested.